shanettabrown37

I moved to another state 2 years ago but i never changed my w-2 from Virgina...I currently live in Florida. How do I file my taxes if I haven't lived in Virginia?

DDollar

You need to file a Virginia non-resident return.  The interview will ask you if you earned money in or from Virginia.  Answer yes, even though you did not, so the program will allow you to add a Virginia state return.  As you go through the questions in the program, there will be one for allocating your income to Virginia.  Be sure you allocate zero of your income.

DDollar

shanettabrown37

What about where it states to add the dates that I.moved in and out of the state of Virginia?
DDollar

You want to file as a non-resident - i.e. made money in VA but did not live in VA.  You should not have to indicate move in/out dates.