Solved: I moved to a new state in 2016 but have no income there. Do I have to file both old and new state taxes? Or just old state taxes, where I did have an income?

I moved to a new state in 2016 but have no income there. Do I have to file both old and new state taxes? Or just old state taxes, where I did have an income?

I am a student in the new state (so no income)

I did make money in the old state, and am filing state tax return for that state.

Do I have to file a state tax return for my new state? Does it depend on which state I moved to?

You only have to file in the old state if that is the only state you had income of any type.