Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hoageland

I moved from SC to NC. Received a 1099R that reflects NC in box 13 but received the distributon from my ira while living in SC. Which state do I report the income.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

I moved from SC to NC. Received a 1099R that reflects NC in box 13 but received the distributon from my ira while living in SC. Which state do I report the income.

Since you started receiving your retirement income before you moved, you will need to allocate the income between South Carolina and North Carolina. You will do so by filing two part year resident returns. Please follow the directions in the TurboTax FAQ below to file your state returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302008

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KatrinaB
Intuit Alumni

Since you started receiving your retirement income before you moved, you will need to allocate the income between South Carolina and North Carolina. You will do so by filing two part year resident returns. Please follow the directions in the TurboTax FAQ below to file your state returns.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302008

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies