Ricky123

I moved from CA to TX. My office is in CA (W2), but I only spent 50 days per year working in CA. Can I prorate CA taxes to the amount of days I actually work in CA?

My W2 shows tax deductions for the entire salary. I travel for work and spent 200 working days in TX and other states. I am TX resident.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TomD8

If you moved during the tax year, you would file a CA part-year resident return.

CA can tax ALL your income during the time you were a CA resident.

Once you became a CA non-resident, CA can tax only the income you earned from physically working in CA.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8