I'm not a resident/citizen nor live in the US but I do own a bank account. Do I have to file a tax return just for the interest income derived from my saving account?

I lived and worked in the US in 2017 and 2018 and filed tax returns for those years.

If you have not already paid the income tax on your interest income via withholding, you must file Form 1040-NR. 

Refer to the section of the Instructions for Form 1040-NR at this link for when you must file.  Interest income is reported on Schedule NEC, which is explained in this section of the Instructions for Form 1040-NR.  If you have not already paid the income tax on your interest income, you must file Form 1040-NR. 

SprintTax is a software that can file a Form 1040-NR.