turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM.

I have filed early before and it was held until the first day of filing. For example_ my federal could have been filed before 1/27 and jut held for processing until that date.  This year- we are receiving this error message.   “We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM. We'll see you then!” So I’m forced to wait another week to file both my Federal and My State .  Why is that ? 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
ladajah99

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM.

I’m having this problem too , then when I called for help it said I had to pay to talk to someone. 

L_yia81

I'm having the same issue as well.

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

The system cannot hold the return this year.  You will need to return on or after the date indicated to transmit your state return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes but why can't our federal returns be processed now? We know we have to wait to send Georgia.

I'm having the same problem.  I called Turbotax support and was told some forms my not be ready yet and to uncheck my state and file on 1.29.2020.  I'll try on that date and see what happens if that doesn't work I will try on the date they provided.

Delete your state and submit once accepted  gifts back and file your state  on the 3rd of February 

• Delete your state and file your federal taxes once accepted go back and file your state tax on that date.

Delete your state and file your federal taxes once accepted go back and file your state tax on the 3rd of February.

Delete your state and file your federal taxes once accepted go back and file your state tax on the 3rd of February 

This is what I did. Thank you!

scotteriv

But they sure grabbed the $80.00 to file

HelpmE222

Where can I do that? I've been looking for that option since Saturday and can't figure out how to remove state then go back later to file it

Gemhill

How do I delete my state??

Gemhill

Hello. How do I delete my state 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies