Solved: I'm at the spot in State filing, where I'm being a...

nickm81

I'm at the spot in State filing, where I'm being asked to "Enter the total amount of income derived from Missouri that is included in your Kansas adjusted gross income."

Where would I find this info? I live in Kansas, but my work place moved to Missouri. I have already completed Kansas and Missouri tax returns up to this point, but have not yet filed. Thank you!

ThomasM125

Since you live in Kansas, all of your income from Missouri would be included in your adjusted gross income reported on your Kansas return. So, it would be the total of your Missouri income, as reported in box 16 of your W-2 form in the row with initials "MO" in box 15.

You would also add any other income you earned in Missouri, from non-wage sources, if there was any.

ThomasM125

nickm81

You are amazing, that fully answered my question. Thank you! 

That's all they had to put in the built-in Help for this step, might save some other folks a bit of time. Thanks again.