sbrammer81

I'm a house wife so I have zero income, my husband works and lives in Colorado, I have been in Arizona since December 2016 caring for my grandmother, so technically I'm an Arizona citizen but no earne

DS30

No - you will not be considered an AZ resident unless you actively try to change your residency to AZ (change driver's license, voters registration etc.)

The fact that you are being a kind grandchild and taking care of your grandmother will be considered only a temporary relocation even if it is for more than a year.

Therefore, you will remain a resident of CO, if that was your original state of residency before you went to take care of your grandmother.

DS30

Carl

There's also no reason why you would not file joint with your husband either. It's also possible that your grandmother might qualify as a relative dependent on your joint tax return too. Might be worth checking out.