I lived in Tennessee for half of 2019 before movin...

alamont14

I lived in Tennessee for half of 2019 before moving back to California and my income was $19,415.16. Do I have to file taxes for the state of Tennessee?

Tennessee does not have a personal income tax so there is not a state tax return to file.

alamont14

Thank you very much. So do I still have to disclose that I lived there for half of the year?

@alamont14 wrote:

Since you will be filing a CA part year resident tax return, only report your income from the date you moved to California on the CA state tax return.

alamont14

I didn't work at all when I came back to CA for the year. My only employment for 2019 was in TN from January-July. Do I still have to file for CA?

@alamont14 wrote:

No, you do not have to file a CA return if you did not have any kind of income while you were a CA part year resident.

alamont14

Thanks. So I don't have to say that I lived in TN during 2019?