Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I lived in Ohio all of 2019. I received my w2 after I moved to tx on 1)19/20 but when I filled out the form and I was made to put my Ohio address down did I do it right

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
BillM223
Expert Alumni

I lived in Ohio all of 2019. I received my w2 after I moved to tx on 1)19/20 but when I filled out the form and I was made to put my Ohio address down did I do it right

When you entered your W-2 into TurboTax, you should have entered whatever address (Ohio it sounds like) that you see on your W-2.

The important address is the one in your Personal Info, because that is the address that the IRS will send any correspondence to. This will appear at the top of your 1040.

You might look at your Wisconsin return to make sure that your Texas address is also on page 1 of the WI return. If it is not, then you should see this Wisconsin page on how to change your address with the state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

In the personal information section, you put your current address, in TX, as that is where you mail to come.  When you are asks for your state of residence, you enter Ohio, since that is where you lived all of 2019.  When it asks if you made money in another state, answer no (it means other than OH. not other than TX). 

later, in the Ohio software, you will be asked for the county you lived in while an OH resident.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies