Solved: I lived in Alabama until 2/14/17 and then moved to Georgia as of 2/15/17. I need to know how to figure out how much of my taxable social security goes to each state.

philjaneh

I lived in Alabama until 2/14/17 and then moved to Georgia as of 2/15/17. I need to know how to figure out how much of my taxable social security goes to each state.

I know how much to taxable amount is from my federal tax return.

MaryK1

If you received the social security all year, use a percentage (45/365=12.3% for Alabama and 320/365=87.7% for Georgia) to allocate the income between the states.

MaryK1