beehlerm

I lived and worked in massachusetts for 6 months. I also lived and worked in PA for 6 months which is where my permanent residence is. Do I claim massachusetts as a place of residence?

I moved to MA for a seasonal job but am from PA.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChristinaS

Not likely. If you have a permanent legal residence in another state (PA), you are not a legal resident of MA for any of this time if your stayed in temporary housing. For instance, if you rented an apartment, stayed with a friend, or stayed in a long-term hotel, that would not be establishing a residence in Massachusetts.

You would be a nonresident of Massachusetts, with Massachusetts-source income.

http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/filing-and-payment-information/guide-to-personal-income-tax/resi...

ChristinaS