Solved: I live in Sherrill, NY but I had NY-Ci and NY-Yo (New York City) taxes taken out when I do not work or live in New York City or Yonkers, what should I do?

sammiex133

I live in Sherrill, NY but I had NY-Ci and NY-Yo (New York City) taxes taken out when I do not work or live in New York City or Yonkers, what should I do?

KittyM

First, you need to talk to whoever is taking the tax out and get them to stop.

Then you will need to file Non-Resident city tax returns for New York City and for Yonkers, claiming a full refund of the tax that was withheld.

KittyM