o-fajardo11

I live in Connecticut and work in the State of New York last year. My W2 has CT income taxes deducted. When asked if I worked/received income in another state do I click yes or no?

I click Yes and selected NY. I have not summited my return yet. I'm reviewing it and I see a Non-Resident form (IT-203) form for the state of New York in my Turbo Tax Reviewed Package. I have not filled this form before and I work the past three years in NY.
o-fajardo11

Line 1 in my Non Resident NY Tax return includes the income I earned in NY plus income I earned working in CT for another company. Is this tally correct? Or is there a mistake there?
TomD8

Line 1 has two columns - one for your total income and one for your New York income.  NY uses your total income to calculate your tax rate.  Then it applies that rate only to your NY income.  Only your NY income is taxed by NY.
**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
TomD8

You must click Yes to the question about earning income in another state.  You're going to have to file a non-resident tax return in NY and a resident tax return in CT.  You won't be double-taxed, because CT will give you a credit for whatever tax you have to pay to NY on the same income.  Do the non-resident NY return first, before you do the CT return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901271-how-do-i-file-a-nonresident-state-return