Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now

I live in California but worked onboard a cruise ship for three months in 2016. The headquarters of the cruise line is in Florida so my W2 is from florida. How do I proceed to e-file the W2 from a Florida company? Please advise. Thank you.

I have completely e-filed my W2 for California but Florida states Incomplete. I do not know the next step I should take.
This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Would you like to view more questions that might be relevant?

ChristinaS

Since you live in California, the income is taxed by California. Did they withhold California income tax to help you cover your tax liability?

Delete Florida from your Personal Info section of Turbo Tax. Florida doesn't have individual income taxes, so there's no return to file there.

ChristinaS

Hello, I attempted to Delete Florida but there is no Delete button. I found this:

In some cases, you won't see the option to delete, just Edit and Start Over. This is because you either already paid for your state or registered your free version while that state was attached to your return.

Kindly advise.
ChristinaS

Try this-
1/ Under the Personal Info tab, remove Florida as Other State Income.
2/ If you listed Florida in Box 15-17 of your W2, delete everything in Boxes 15-17. Don't leave an "FL" in box 15 if you have one.
3/ Go to My Account-Tools-Delete A form. Delete any reference to Florida.

I'm pretty sure you can remove Florida. Are you in Free? If so, and you aren't paying for Florida and already filed CA/ Federal, you really don't have to do anything else.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing