Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shav

I live in CA and I am a partner in an LLC that is exclusively in CO. I've prepared a CO non-res return. Do I also need to report the LLC income to CA?

The LLC tax accountant has provided a Federal Form 1065 (Schedule K-1) which I have entered into the Federal section of TurboTax.  They also provided a Colorado Form 106 (Schedule K-1 equivalent) which I have used to fill out a Colorado Non-Resident form within TurboTax.  My question is, since these earnings are being reported to CO and I have not been provided with a California K-1 form, should I zero out the CA entries that TurboTax has auto-populated based on my Federal entries?  For reference, I've done it both ways and it's not affecting my CA taxes due.  I just want to make sure I do the right thing in terms of reporting.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardK

I live in CA and I am a partner in an LLC that is exclusively in CO. I've prepared a CO non-res return. Do I also need to report the LLC income to CA?

Yes, you include all your income on your resident California tax return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardK

Yes, you include all your income on your resident California tax return.

steve 25

Should Federal or CO amount be used for CA amount ?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies