Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cprattdc

I know that IRS no longer allows deduction for investment advisory fees, but what about state returns, specifically District of Columbia?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I know that IRS no longer allows deduction for investment advisory fees, but what about state returns, specifically District of Columbia?

Unfortunately, DC is following the IRS on the the elimination of many itemized deductions including the deduction for investment expenses. 

Follow this link for more information and to see where DC is not following the federal law: 

https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/page/whats-new-2019-tax-filing-season

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Unfortunately, DC is following the IRS on the the elimination of many itemized deductions including the deduction for investment expenses. 

Follow this link for more information and to see where DC is not following the federal law: 

https://otr.cfo.dc.gov/page/whats-new-2019-tax-filing-season

• Itemized Deductions: The District generally allows the same itemized deductions allowed under the Internal Revenue Code for federal individual or fiduciary income tax returns. Pursuant to the federal tax reform that was passed by Congress in 2017, many itemized deductions previously allowed under the Internal Revenue Code have been eliminated or modified beginning with tax year 2018. Accordingly, many of the itemized deductions previously allowed for District taxpayers are now eliminated or modified.
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies