Solved: I just moved to South Carolina in May 2016 but I lived in North Carolina and I still work in North Carolina. Just wondering the way that I filed my taxes is it accurate

I just moved to South Carolina in May 2016 but I lived in North Carolina and I still work in North Carolina. Just wondering the way that I filed my taxes is it accurate

You will file part-year NC and Part-year SC tax returns.

NC taxes all you income from 1 jan to May, and then just the W-2 income for the time after that.

SC taxes All your income from May-to-31 Dec, including the  NC job income from May-Dec.  But SC allows you to take a credit for the taxes you had to pay to NC for the NC wages form May-Dec.

Setting that all up on each state's  part-year allocations can get confusing, and you need a month to work on it ..printing, adjusting...printing...adjusting.. etc....for 3 or 4 weeks until you understand that is finally all correct before filing.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*