I have to amend form 982 on Federal, do I need to ...

I have to amend form 982 on Federal, do I need to amend my state taxes?

I can't see where this affects anything on my state taxes. I will still remain insolvent, I'm just adding more 1099-C's. 

Since the state uses your federal income the change to the form 982 will not affect the state in most cases. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

a 982 if not filed with the original return must be filed with an amended return unless you got a notice from the IRS just requesting that form

I already filed the 982. This would just be a change to the amount exempt. Instead of one 1099-c I now have 3. But the new amount will not change my insolvency. So I am already going to amend the federal but wanted to make sure my state doesn't need amended as well. The only relevant data I can think of would be my income and that number will not change. Has anyone heard of this?