ghassem_ameli

I have filed my 2018 return. You confirmed acceptance for State and Federal. State paid me excess tax but Federal did not debit my ck a/c for the amount I owed. Pls help

WillK

It can take the IRS a few weeks to debit your account. Generally what happens is that someone will put down a date to have the funds withdrawn, and the date comes and goes because it takes the IRS about 3 weeks from when the return was received for them to process it and get the payment information into the system.

It is recommended that you call the IRS and see if they can give you an ETA on when they think the funds will be taken from your account so you can make sure they are there.