dm-chi

I have e-filed my federal return and NY return, but have to mail my Illinois return (lived in NY & IL last year). I am not sure if I need to mail a check for fed and NY

CarolynM

It depends on how you selected to pay in File Step 2.

You can return to this portion to confirm, but you will need to trick the program.

Click "add a state," which you won't actually do, and return to the above section to check the payment method you selected.  

CarolynM

dm-chi

Where is "add a state"? I've already e-filed and filing status was accepted by Fed and NY. Do i need to "amend my return" to view my payment method?
CarolynM

It is under state, in the black column on the left. You can also click "amend my return," but that often starts the amendment and creates later issue.
dm-chi

I am at the state section - but there is no area to view the payment method selected
CarolynM

No, that was just the trick to get back into the program. Go to File, Step 2.