sairamshekhar

I have an issue in my 2017 Virginia state return and TurboTax made an error in tax calculations. I'm unable to get in touch with anyone at Intuit to get 100% guarantee?!

Basically I used the Virginia and Maryland border tax law so that my income from Maryland is not taxed again in Virginia since I am a non resident of MD. However, I have realized that Turbotax made an error and now I am being assessed by an auditor for filing taxes through turbotax software (he says my deduction is correct but should be claimed from Maryland state and not Virginia state... but the software applied a rebate to my Virginia state tax). How to contact turbotax to get 100% guarantee for their errors in filing my tax?!!! Their phone lines never allow me to get in touch with a real person. I think folks at turbotax are crooks... should I speak to the Bureau of better business? Or complain to SEC? Or file a court case in small claims to assist me? There is no way to get in touch with a real person... the phone lines keep going in loops

sairamshekhar

Thanks for the response!! I appreciate your time. I'll go ahead and file a claim. However, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it come back to the user. 

After this experience I won't be using Turbo tax ever again; I'll just go ahead and use H&R block where I've not run into any such problems before and I've always been able to get in touch with a person who'd help me out. Turbotax audit defense and premier package are a joke. I even signed up for audit defense (never expecting to get audited in the first place), and the third party audit defense folks did nothing to assist me in this case... it was a joke.

Hal_Al

Accuracy Guarantee https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-submit-a-claim-under-the-turbotax-1...

But it only covers actual CALCULATION errors in the program, not user error (and it’s almost always user error), and it only pays any penalties or interest resulting from that error, not the taxes. Either way, you are still responsible for the increase in tax.

sairamshekhar