• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlocke11

I had a change of address in my home state, do I need to indicate that on an out of state return? a state that I have never lived in or filed taxes in before.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I had a change of address in my home state, do I need to indicate that on an out of state return? a state that I have never lived in or filed taxes in before.

There is no reason to report a change of address within your home state on an out-of-state return. 

The out-of-state return should have your current mailing address in case that state needs to contact you about your return

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ToddL

There is no reason to report a change of address within your home state on an out-of-state return. 

The out-of-state return should have your current mailing address in case that state needs to contact you about your return

mlocke11

Thank you!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v