I earned an income outside of New Jersey (in Austr...

I earned an income outside of New Jersey (in Australia) for the entire tax year, and did not maintain a permanent home in New Jersey. Do I still need to file NJ taxes?

No, if your income was not earned in New Jersey, you do not need to file a tax return for New Jersey.

States tax the income the income that was earned by your working in the state.

You do need to file a Federal Tax return for your world wide income and you can claim an exclusion for up to $105,900 on the income you earned outside of the United States if you lived overseas for 330 days (the 330 days do not need to be all in the calendar year).

To claim the exclusion go to

• Wages & Income
  • Less Common Income
  • Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion

@jmcanulty3

so why do you ask about New Jersey? 

Why not Oklahoma or Oregon?