I E-filed my federal return but printed and mailed...

Jeff92078

I E-filed my federal return but printed and mailed my state return(2018). I now need to amend both but Turbotax still shows the original amount of my state taxes (California) as if I haven't filed. How do I get the program to update the status of my ori

I E-filed my federal return but printed and mailed my state return(2018). I now need to amend both but Turbotax still shows the original amount of my state taxes (California) as if I haven't filed. How do I get the program to update the status of my orignal turbotax file so that I can do my amended taxes

You can switch to Forms Mode and open the state amended return and enter the original amount you paid.

If the program didn't register the fact that you mailed in the original return then go to the FILE tab and choose to mail in the state return ... then close the program and reopen it to register the filing.   Then you should be able to amend the fed and/or state without issue.

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed