brianafe

I don't owe in Florida but it says I need to mail in a form but the form does not show any details. What do I do?

I don't live in Florida but own a home there and didn't owe any taxes in that state but it is saying Florida return is ready to print and mail. When I download the document this is all it says:

What You | Keep these instructions and a copy of your return for your records. Need to | If you did not print one before closing TurboTax, go back to the Keep | program and select File tab, then select the Print for Your Records | category. ______________________________________________________________________________________ | | Special | Your printed state tax forms may have special formatting on them, Formatting | such as bar codes or other symbols. This is to enable fast | processing. Don't worry, these forms have been approved by your | taxing authority and are acceptable for printing and mailing. __________________________________________________________________________________ 

Carl

Florida does not tax personal income and never has. If you made the rookie mistake of claiming depreciation on rental assets other than the property itself, (for example, if you depreciate appliances separately) then florida assesses a yearly "intangible property tax" on those items which require your to file DR-405 and pay those intangible property taxes each and every tax year. Otherwise, you don't file anything for taxes with the state of FL or any county in the state.

The Florida return in TurboTax, Form DR-405, is to report tangible personal property used in connection with a Florida-located business or rental real estate and is printed and mailed to your county property appraiser's office by April 1st.

If you do not have tangible personal property to report, choose Skip State in the State Taxes section.

If you proceeded past the warning screens, try deleting the Florida return --> https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608

If you actually paid for the unneeded program, contact Customer Support --> https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263