mikederda

I did not have 1200.00 return as I have every year from the state of Mi.

Well something changed .. did you compare the 2017 & 2018 returns side by side to see what is different ?

There were changes to the MI state tax law for 2018.  See, for example,   MICHIGAN STATE INCOME TAX CHANGES FOR RETIREMENT BENEFITS here:

http://www.hirdesaccounting.com/michigan-income-tax-changes.html

1retired2lguy

Turbotax says I owe Michigan over $1000 for 2021.  No significant income changes.  I normally owe nothing.  What changed?

@1retired2lguy No one else can see your state return so we do not know what changed.    You are the only one who can see your tax return.   Check the income amounts you entered and check to see what you entered for state tax withheld.   If you do not find an error in those amounts then try printing out 2020 and 2021 state returns to compare side by side, line by line to see what is different.