I can't file my Massachusetts return because I'm t...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't file my Massachusetts return because I'm told that tax-exempt pensions should not be entered directly on the Mass. form. How do I resolve this issue?

6 Replies
Expert Alumni

I can't file my Massachusetts return because I'm told that tax-exempt pensions should not be entered directly on the Mass. form. How do I resolve this issue?

I am sorry, but I tried to duplicate the error that you have described above, and could not.  However, try to revisit your State of Massachusetts return by following these instructions:

1. While in your Tax Home,
  2. Select State,
  3. Select Continue,
  4. Select Continue next to the State of Massachusetts,
  5. Work through the on-screen prompts, looking for your tax exempt pension described above,
  6. Correct or delete this entry.

Hopefully this helps!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 1

what is the reason for that?

Level 1

MASS000.PNGare you saying you can't file your Mass return electronically? This was the reason why I couldn't file my Massachusetts electronically.

Yes.

Level 1

was what I posted the same reason for you not being able to electronically file? What was your finally outcome? 

Yes.

I mailed the return in.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings