turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received the $7500 tax credit for Federal electric vehicle, but it does not carry over to the CA state tax section. I should receive $2500 from CA. What's going on?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received the $7500 tax credit for Federal electric vehicle, but it does not carry over to the CA state tax section. I should receive $2500 from CA. What's going on?

I can no longer find the low-emission vehicle tax credit on the California state return. Indeed, the current California state instructions state that the low-emission vehicle tax credit has expired (see page 25 of the California instructions).

Instead, I find a rebate program administered by the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project which provides rebates to buyer of certain low emission vehicles. These rebates do not appear to be handled as part of the tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I can no longer find the low-emission vehicle tax credit on the California state return. Indeed, the current California state instructions state that the low-emission vehicle tax credit has expired (see page 25 of the California instructions).

Instead, I find a rebate program administered by the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project which provides rebates to buyer of certain low emission vehicles. These rebates do not appear to be handled as part of the tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies