bedelman90

I am trying to file taxes for my daughter who is in high school. I do not know if I am even supposed to because all that was taken out was social security and fica

ChristinaS

If your daughter has limited or no unearned income (investments) and less than c $6,300 in wages income, she is not required to file a return. She will also receive no benefit if zero federal or state income taxes were withheld.

How much did she make?

If she made more than the filing requirement ( Table 2), she does need to file and may owe if not enough taxes came out. 

ChristinaS

How much did she make?