turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am having to file state returns in several states because I travel for work. I am listed as having made $10 in state wages in Georgia. For some reason Turbo Tax is telling me I owe $124. How is that possible? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

I am having to file state returns in several states because I travel for work. I am listed as having made $10 in state wages in Georgia. For some reason Turbo Tax is telling me I owe $124. How is that possible? Thanks.

Nonresidents, who work in Georgia or receive income from Georgia sources and are required to file a Federal income tax return, are required to file a Georgia income tax return. Some examples of Georgia source income are wages, Georgia lottery winnings, income from flow through entities (s-corporations, partnerships, LLC’s, trusts, and estates), rents, etc. If you are a legal resident of another state, you are not required to file a Georgia income tax return if your only activity for financial gain or profit in Georgia consists of performing services in Georgia for an employer as an employee when the compensation for services performed does not exceed the lesser of 5% of the income received in all places during the taxable year or $5,000.00.

If your total wages for the year was more than $200, you do not need to file a GA return if all you earned was $10.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Nonresidents, who work in Georgia or receive income from Georgia sources and are required to file a Federal income tax return, are required to file a Georgia income tax return. Some examples of Georgia source income are wages, Georgia lottery winnings, income from flow through entities (s-corporations, partnerships, LLC’s, trusts, and estates), rents, etc. If you are a legal resident of another state, you are not required to file a Georgia income tax return if your only activity for financial gain or profit in Georgia consists of performing services in Georgia for an employer as an employee when the compensation for services performed does not exceed the lesser of 5% of the income received in all places during the taxable year or $5,000.00.

If your total wages for the year was more than $200, you do not need to file a GA return if all you earned was $10.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies