cestey1

I am doing my son taxes for Virginia and he worked in Maryland does he/I need to Maryland taxes too?

also does he get credit in Virginia for Maryland taxes he paid?

Rachel_W

Because Maryland and Virginia have a  reciprocity agreement, you pay income tax only to the State that you *live* in, which I believe in your son's case is Virginia.

If your son lived in Virginia all year but worked in Maryland, he is only required to file a Virginia Tax Return.  However, if his employer withheld any Maryland income taxes, he will need to file a Maryland Nonresident Form in order to receive the withholding back as a refund.

Rachel_W