Liz338

I am an Iowa resident that works from home and earned 1099-misc income from a company in Florida. Do I have to file a Florida return?

I do not own a business, just perform consulting work from home.

ToddL

Florida does not have an income tax, so you don't have to file a FL return.

(They do have a Tangible Personal Property Tax, literally a local property tax for individuals with business property in a FL county. For some reason, many people inadvertently "activate" this return.)

Even if FL had an income tax, you would not have to file a FL return or pay tax. You are only subject to tax in the state (or states) you physically work in.

ToddL