dbaird116

I am a Washington resident and visited California last year, while there I had gambling winnings of $15,455 but I had losses to offset it. Do I have to file a CA return?

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Probably not.  Whether you have to file a CA nonresident return depends on your filing status, number of dependents, and your CA gross income.

If you are filing single, under 65, with no dependents, and have CA gross income under $18,241 [CA adjusted gross income under $14,593], you do not have to file a CA return.  

For information on whether YOU  have to file a CA nonresident, please go to this section of the FTB website: FTB - Part-year resident and nonresident

[Edited | 3/23/2020 |  12:55 pm PDT]

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 3/23/2020 |  12:55 pm PDT]