• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haage_robin

I am a R.I. Resident filing a MA nonresident return. Why does TurboTax keep asking me about apportionment and working days outside MA when I only work in MA?

18 Replies
sammythebull71

I am a R.I. Resident filing a MA nonresident return. Why does TurboTax keep asking me about apportionment and working days outside MA when I only work in MA?

We are having the same problem as well! VERY frustrating to say the least. I tried calling support last night but they had no idea as to what was going on.
kevshw3

I am having a similar issue as well. Glad it's looking like a bug and not something i've done wrong!
hartinian21

Same here
nheddie

NH resident with the same problem.  Cannot even override the bug in this software.  Wasted hours trying to re-do my taxes.  Won't be using Turbotax anymore.
alimi

Having the problem as well. Even if I delete the form it keeps coming back!
skate4fun60

Same issue, work MA live RI.  In my case, employer reported second W2 showing box 16 with income in RI even though I do not work in RI.  I suspect this is causing TT to go into apportionment calculation.  They need to fix this ASAP!

skate4fun60
sammythebull71

In your case, skate, pretty sure you need a corrected W2 from your employer.
linear
Level 7

I have reported this to the AnswerXchange moderators as a bug. If I get any info on a fix from them, will post here.

ann-byers

I am having the same problem!!  I can't even delete the worksheet.  MA doesn't even want us to apportion when we have 100% MA source income. I think this is a Turbo Tax bug... I'm hoping you will get an answer so I will have the same fix.

kevshw3

Same here!
linear
Level 7

TurboTax has acknowledged the issue - you can sign up to be notified of a fix here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4360080

ann-byers

Thank you very much linear!!!
cstabile1

Thank you for the link!  I haven't been notified of any fix yet. Has anyone else heard the resolution from Turbo Tax?
jwadd201

Still no fix notification as of March 30.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v