Wyndy-green1

I am a foster parent in indiana.

i put the names and socials of my children in and it says i can not e file bc someone else already claimed my children.  i have the right to claim them and the paper work to back it up.  What should I do.  I really wanted to efile and get my return back faster, am i going to be able to efile or do i need to give up that dream.

AlanT

I am a foster parent in indiana.

Unfortunately, you will not be able to E-file.  You will have to mail your return, claiming the kids as dependents.  Once the IRS receives your return and the return of the other party who claimed the kids, they will contact both claimants to request documentation to determine who can claim the kids as dependents.  

AlanT

I am a foster parent in indiana.