How to file MA non-resident taxes to recover erroneously deducted taxes?

I worked and lived in CA all year, but my employer is based in MA. This year they sen't me 2 w2 forms, one for CA and on for MA.

It seems I need to file a MA non-resident tax return and report 0 income in order to recover my tax withholdings. How do I do this in Turbotax? 

I've seen comments like this (below) in a couple of threads, but I do not know to do actually do it in the software. 

• If preparing a nonresident return solely to recover erroneous tax withholdings, enter 0 on the screen that asks for the amount of income earned in that state. This will eliminate your tax liability for that state, resulting in a full refund.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DianeW

The easiest way to do this is to report zero wages in the W2 entry for the MA section.  List only your withholding for MA in that line.

Then make sure you have the right status in the MA return. (see the image below)

In the Personal Info section you should not have selected another state.  (see image below).

This should allow the MA return to be completed correctly and a full refund of the taxes paid should be the result.