I need to use my e-address for my friend's new account. But I don't want to compromise my own account's data by using the same e-address. How can I keep both accounts separate while using the same e-address?
You can create up to 5 separate account using the same email address.
- Sign out of TurboTax Online.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
- On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
- You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
- Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
- After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.
Tip: If you're preparing multiple returns for family members, it's more economical to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software, which lets you e-file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info