How do I set up an account for a friend, when I already have an account set up fo myself?

I need to use my e-address for my friend's new account. But I don't want to compromise my own account's data by using the same e-address. How can I keep both accounts separate while using the same e-address?

You can create up to 5 separate account using the same email address.

1. Sign out of TurboTax Online.
  2. Select the TurboTax Online product you want to use for the second return and proceed.
  3. On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
    • You can reuse your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
    • Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
  4. After you've created the new account, you can start working on the second return.

Tip: If you're preparing multiple returns for family members, it's more economical to switch to the TurboTax CD/Download software, which lets you e-file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost. More info