Solved: How do i remove the state income tax amount from schedule A that turbotax entered automatically (I do not want to claim it as a deduction)?

How do i remove the state income tax amount from schedule A that turbotax entered automatically (I do not want to claim it as a deduction)?

since I do not want to report on next years federal tax return my state refund I will be  getting this year, I don't want to use my state taxes as a deduction this year.   

You have two choices. 

You can choose the Standard Deduction, in which case none of the items listed on your Schedule A would count. 

You can choose "State Sales Tax" in place of "State Income Tax" for your itemized deductions. When state sales tax is taken, any state refund received in not required to be claimed as income. 

"Where to report the deduction

Report your sales tax deduction on Schedule A. In the section entitled "Taxes You Paid" be sure to check the box indicating your choice to deduct state sales tax instead of state income tax and enter the amount of your deduction."

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/tax-deductions-and-credits/how-to-write-off-sales-taxes/L5yt8TI...

You have two choices. 

"Where to report the deduction