gtsch9251

How do I file NJ state tax only if I only worked there for 2 months summer of 2018?

Rachel_W

In order to prepare your State Tax Return(s) accurately, you need to indicate in the "My Info" section the details about where you lived in 2018.

To do so, follow these steps:

• Open your return
  • Click the "My Info" tab in TurboTax Online (left side of screen) or "Personal Info" tab in TurboTax Desktop
  • Click "Edit" next to your name 
  • For question #2, answer "Yes" that you lived in another State in 2018 and choose the State from the drop-down menu
  • Enter the date of your move
  • Scroll down and click "Continue"

After you have completed your Federal Return, you need to walk through the preparation of your State Return(s) by clicking "State" from the left side of your screen.