pentax

How do I delete a sale of real estate of a second home from one state return and move it to another state return

Hal_Al

You can't. The sale must be reported in both states.

Your residence state taxes ALL your income, even the sale of property in another state.

The state the property is located in taxes the capital gain (profit) on the sale because you have income "sourced" in that state.  Yor residence state will give you a credit or partial credit for the tax you paid to the other state.

pentax

YES. THANKS SO MUCH

pentax

YES. THANKS SO MUCH.

DaveF1006

I am not sure which two states we are talking about but there is are usually sections in your state returns where you can allocate income items and separate between the two states. if you can elaborate with more details, especially the two states involved, we can be more specific in assisting you with the allocation information..