Solved: How can you show taxes paid to another state? My wife and I live in Missouri and work in Kansas. I need help showing what was already paid to each state to avoid owing MO

How can you show taxes paid to another state? My wife and I live in Missouri and work in Kansas. I need help showing what was already paid to each state to avoid owing MO

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong to owe my resident state of Missouri. All of the online help says to do the non-resident state first, which in my case is Kansas. I thought that I had. I even deleted the Missouri return to enter again. Anybody else have this issue?

Doing your non-resident state return first was correct.  If the credit you received (on your MO return) for taxes you paid to KS was less than the taxes you owe to MO, you would wind up with a small balance due to MO.  MO's tax rates are a bit higher than KS's.

Your out-of-state credit for taxes paid appears on line 13 of your K-40.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**