turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcross10

How can I get state (Ohio) deduction for contributions to College Savings Accounts (Turbo Tax has no place that allows for that on Ohio form)?

Where do i get the 529 credit on Ohio tax return, as there is no prompt from Turbo Tax?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

How can I get state (Ohio) deduction for contributions to College Savings Accounts (Turbo Tax has no place that allows for that on Ohio form)?

1.  Go to your Ohio return

2.  In the Income section, under Education, select College Advantage Fund 529 Plan.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LisaBr

1.  Go to your Ohio return

2.  In the Income section, under Education, select College Advantage Fund 529 Plan.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

stevetoth

I can not find it.  Have you had any success?

stevetoth

I can not find it.  Have you had any success?

Hal_Al
Level 15

In the Ohio software, On the page/screen titled  "Here's the Income that Ohio Handles Differently", scroll down to:

-Education

- CollegeAdvantage Fund 529 plan.. Click start or revisit.

Note, only the state sponsored CollegeAdvantage Fund 529 plan is eligible for the deduction; not any other 529 or ESA. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies