Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mahsakarbaschi
Returning Member

Hello, I've filled my federal and state (CA+FL) taxes in TurboTax. At end, I received a message that I should mail Florida tax, but I cannot find this form and address.

I need to know what form shall I mail, and where to find this form.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Hello, I've filled my federal and state (CA+FL) taxes in TurboTax. At end, I received a message that I should mail Florida tax, but I cannot find this form and address.

Florida does not have an income tax. TurboTax prepares Florida Form DR-405, Tangible Personal Property Tax Return for taxpayers who operate a business or farm in Florida.

File this form with your local property appraiser. Search for your local official on Find a County Official.

Complete DR-405 if you own property used for commercial purposes that is not included in the assessed value of your business' real property. This may include office furniture, computers, tools, supplies, machines, and leasehold improvements. Return this to your property appraiser's office by April 1. Keep a copy for your records.

If you file your TPP return by April 1, you will be eligible for a property tax exemption of up to $25,000 of assessed value.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mahsakarbaschi
Returning Member

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I think I did not explain my issue properly.

I am living in California at the moment. I have a rental property in Florida. Yesterday, I completed my federal and state taxes through TurboTax, and paid $40 per state. In the end, and after I completed my filling, I received a message that the state of Florida does not accept e-filling and you need to print the filed tax and mail it to them using the address provided on your tax return form! When I open my tax return documents on the "file" tab, it does not show any addresses, and I do not know which parts I should post to the state of Florida. The other thing is that I was not told to send such documents to Florida last year, while my situation was the same as this year.

I would appreciate your help.

Mahsa 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Mahsa, last year you may not have started a Florida return so TurboTax would not have prepared a Tangible Personal Property Tax Return. You do have to file. Florida says, Property owners who lease, lend, or rent property must also file a tangible personal property return to the property appraiser by April 1 each year.

Your Property Appraiser is the official in the county were your rental is located. You can find your county on your property tax bill. The address is on property tax bill is probably the same as the address for Form DR-405.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@ tagteam  or @ Carl 

When you are next in the forum, are you able to provide any info/suggestions for this user who owns a rental property in FL in regards to the Tangible Personal Property return Form DR-405?  

He apparently already paid for a FL "state return."

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies