alexakess1

Having trouble with filing my state return. It's asking me to put in a school district number but I don't live in a taxing school district

KathrynG3

If you are living in Ohio, try using the Ohio Finder for School District Income Tax to look up the applicable district code to verify that there is no tax requirement.

For more information, see: see: RITA Ohio Filing Questions

alexakess1

I did verify that I’m not in a taxing school district, but it’s not allowing me to file, it keeps telling my I need to fix my return. 

LenaH

If you are located in a non-taxable school district, then SD-100 does not need to be filed and should be deleted from your return. Otherwise, TurboTax will continue populating an error. 

To remove your SD-100, please follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return.
  2. Click on Tools.
  3. Click on Delete a Form
  4. Scroll down to your state forms and look for the SD-100 you need to remove and click Delete

After that is complete, you should be able to file your return with no additional problems. 

@alexakess1