turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

For my Wisconsin return, is the interest I pay on my Florida condo considered a “second home” outside the state even though it is the only home I own?

I live in Wisconson in a home that I rent.  The only home I own (and pay interest on) is a condo in Florida, at which I stayed for about a month and rented out for two months. The Wisconsin tax return gives an Itemized Deductions Credit equal to 5% of mortgage interest expense.  The form says, "Do not include interest paid to purchase a second home outside of Wisconsin."  In this context, is my Florida condo a "second" home?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

For my Wisconsin return, is the interest I pay on my Florida condo considered a “second home” outside the state even though it is the only home I own?

The Florida condo is considered a 2nd home, as the place you rent in WI is considered your primary home (even without owning it) for tax purposes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The Florida condo is considered a 2nd home, as the place you rent in WI is considered your primary home (even without owning it) for tax purposes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies