Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougwort

For entry into Schedupe C, Do I add in total dollar amount collected including MI sales tax (that I subsequently sent to the State of MI) or w/o sales tax paid to MI?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PeterM

For entry into Schedupe C, Do I add in total dollar amount collected including MI sales tax (that I subsequently sent to the State of MI) or w/o sales tax paid to MI?

Yes, report total income (including sales tax) in the income section of the Schedule C. Then make sure to also include the total sales tax as an expense in the expense section. This will ensure that you don't pay taxes on the sales tax you remitted to your state revenue department.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PeterM

Yes, report total income (including sales tax) in the income section of the Schedule C. Then make sure to also include the total sales tax as an expense in the expense section. This will ensure that you don't pay taxes on the sales tax you remitted to your state revenue department.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.63m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v