Solved: Florida income tax - I filed the DR form for services and nothing was populated on it. It's for transcription that I did in 2018. Will sending it in hurt me any?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
littleharp

Florida income tax - I filed the DR form for services and nothing was populated on it. It's for transcription that I did in 2018. Will sending it in hurt me any?

Apparently I didn't need to file a DR-405 for Florida since my income was through transcription and there for a service. Will sending in the DR-405 in any way hurt me or cause issues? What are the potential things that can or will happen? 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
tagteam
Level 15

Florida income tax - I filed the DR form for services and nothing was populated on it. It's for transcription that I did in 2018. Will sending it in hurt me any?

"Will sending it in hurt me any?"

It will generally not hurt and, in fact, will ensure you receive a $25,000 exemption in the future (i.e., you will never have to file again unless and until the tangible personal property used in your business exceeds $25,000).

However, a few counties have different procedures for filing the DR-405, including mandatory online filing and customized reporting forms.You should contact your county property appraiser for further information (see link below).

http://floridarevenue.com/property/Pages/LocalOfficials.aspx 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tagteam
Level 15

"Will sending it in hurt me any?"

It will generally not hurt and, in fact, will ensure you receive a $25,000 exemption in the future (i.e., you will never have to file again unless and until the tangible personal property used in your business exceeds $25,000).

However, a few counties have different procedures for filing the DR-405, including mandatory online filing and customized reporting forms.You should contact your county property appraiser for further information (see link below).

http://floridarevenue.com/property/Pages/LocalOfficials.aspx 

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings