clarkie72

Finished federal return. Clicked button to start NJ state taxes and nothing happened. Can't start NJ return

clarkie72

I'm answering my own question. I clicked on the button to start my state of NJ taxes several times and nothing happened. Since I'm doing the taxes for several family members I saved and closed my return and opened the returns for a couple of family members. when I clicked on their start state taxes button all their state returns opened. I went back to my return and still nothing happened. I then posed the question on this community forum and then took a break. When I came back to turbotax my state return was open. I don't know why it took so long to open (at least 15 minutes), but it did eventually open. If this happens to you my advice is to be patient, and/or save your return, close it , then reopen it and click the button again.