turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filling out billing address for another state

I have bought and downloaded the 2016 Turbo Tax filing program, and I have a technical difficulty when filing for another state I lived in during that year. When I get to the page where I have to fill out my billing address and it offers me a more accurate way to fill it in it's not letting me continue to the next page. I would assume the button to continue is at the bottom of this pop up page but there is no scroll bar to get me there and there isn't. I called the customer service center but the automatic service won't take me to a real human to help me this has been frustrating seeing as how I purchased this last month and still haven't completed my taxes for that year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Filling out billing address for another state

You should be able to try again now...they may not have been open when you called (and don't attempt to call on a weekend)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Otherwise, a couple things to try.

1) Microsoft updates were issued this week.   IF something is waiting to be updated with your OS, the TTX software can lock up in certain areas.   Shutdown TTX entirely, and go check for, install, any waiting Microsoft updates and re-boot  your computer.

2)  Wait 5 or 10 min after reboot so that all background operations get started up.

3)  Then Rt-click on on the TTX icon to start it up, but when the pop-up menu shows, go down to "Properties" and click on that.  Then click on the "Compatibility"  tab, then, down in the "Settings" area, click on the box for "Run this program as an administrator"   and OK at the bottom.

4) Restart TTX, and immediately check for a 2016 TTX software update up in the "Online" menu.   then try again.

5)  Still doesn't work?  Repeat step 3 above, but instead, on the same Compatibility tab, look for the "Run this program in compatibility mode for: "  and set it to windows 8 (or 7)......the OK, and try again.

Beyond that....back to Customer Support.

(Dang...you should have bought DELUXE with any states to file.  Don't forget that for 2016 taxes, only mail filing, on paper, by you at the Post Office is allowed))

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies